Monday, November 3, 2014

ummm, now what?

I honestly don't know how to beat a post that CHIP & JOANNA GAINES ACTUALLY READ!!!
Seriously...





Joanna read it too!
{Like, whoa!}
 ...and this really happened...
#OHMYGOSH
So, you could say it's been a good week. #understatementoftheyear
Also, I discovered dry shampoo today, so #winning!

Since I have several new folks hop aboard the crazy train  new to my blog/Instagram feed/Facebook/Twitter, I thought I would let you know a little about myself and my business. I like order and lists, so...

About Me

...I will try to play down my glamorous life as to not offend anyone.

  • I spend most days in yoga pants and a paint spattered shirt.
  • I homeschool my kids (hence the yoga pants).
  • I love Jesus but I drink a little (kidding about the drinking, but not about the Lord...but name that quote for 10 points to Gryffindor).
  • I work out of a barn. A literal barn. Surrounded by goats and chickens. It's quite entertaining and every bit as glamorous as it sounds.
  • I have no design experience unless you count infinite hours watching HGTV and reading every design article ever composed in the history of the the written word. It is a passion (some say obsession, but whatever, man) So, basically, I have a PhD.
  • I had my first experience in interior design when I redid my room as a young teenager (when one's taste is at its peak). I painted my walls dark turquoise with a "faux" white sponge paint treatment, then layered on Southwestern bedding and art. There may have even been a bleached animal skull involved. Now, try to bleach that image from your brain. 
  • I dabbled in crafts, floral design, and painting furniture for my own entertainment, and even sold a handful of things as a young, poor college student. I never realized that there was actually a profession where you could do those types of things and actually make money (I lived WAY in the country). Instead of getting a degree in interior design, I chose teaching, where the money and the hours are WAY better. *Ahem.
  • I taught junior high and survived. 
  • I have been at home with my chirrens for the past 11 years. I really love the hours, the pay, and particularly, the satisfaction that I receive each day my family looks at me and says, "We know the amount of work you do for us each day and we truly value and appreciate it and you". (Oh my goodness, I can't stop laughing.) On a serious note, I do love it and feel immensely fortunate that I able to be with my kids 24/7. Well...maybe 12/5, but beggars can't be choosers.
My Posse

  • I am a wife to one & mom to three kids. My oldest son is half Einstein and half Jimmy Fallon. He is both freakishly smart, and has epic comedic chops. Not sure where he gets that from... My daughter is a budding homemaker/designer/farmgirl, and has more passion flowing through her veins than every episode of Days of Our Lives combined. My youngest kiddo is a mini-Jim Carrey. He can make you laugh just by watching him eat a sandwich.
  • I have a 100+ pound lab mix (half black lab/half horse) that is BY FAR the laziest dog on the planet.  Now that I think about it, he might actually be half black lab/half sloth.
  • We have 10 hens, and 1 rooster who feels the need to crow every 14 seconds of every single minute, of every single day. We also have 2 dwarf Nigerian goats, 4 calling birds, 3 French hens, 2 turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree. 
  • My husband and I have been married for 15 blissful years. (I totally wrote that with a straight face.) No, seriously, marriage is HARD, but we are both incredibly stubborn and neither of us like to lose. Seriously though, he's a catch. I think I'll keep him. Oh, and he's cute. Yep, #winning.
So there you go. Be sure to follow me on Twitter to keep up with my daily, glamorous life, and maybe get a chuckle or two. Also, I am on Instagram, and Facebook. I have a deep need to be accepted, so if you don't, I will curl up in the fetal position and cry like a man with a cold.

Be blessed! 
Jenn (a.k.a Chip & Joanna Gaines' new best friend)


4 comments:

  1. Jennifer, you crack me up. You always amazed me with all your talents when you were growing up. Whatever you attempted, you aced. So, it's so much fun to stalk you through social media as you continue to shine. I love all of your latest furniture projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I love Jesus, but I drink a little." Gladys Hardy on Ellen. Go Gryffindor! Love your stuff! From another homeschool mom/Harry Potter fan/Jesus lover (who actually does drink a little!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Love hearing that someone "gets" me ;)

      Delete

I love your comments and I read each and every one! Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Y'all come back now, ya' hear :)