Thursday, November 27, 2014

thrifty thursday...turkey day edition

Don't let the title fool you lovely readers. This post has zero to do with Thanksgiving other than it is 9:30 PM on Thanksgiving evening, my stomach is embarrassingly distended, and I am in a food semi-coma.
I only have one thrifty Thursday tip. Olive oil. For your face. For real. Don't knock it 'til you try it.
I learned about this little miracle from a friend of mine, although it is splattered all over the interwebs and Pinterest and such. Apparently, I am not Pinteresting enough, and apparently I just made up a new verb.
I have 100% replaced my face washing routine with olive oil. EVOO because just regular olive oil would be weird. I just keep a little travel bottle in the shower. Just pour a little in to the palm of your hand, rub your hands together, then rub all over your mug. It takes eye makeup off like a boss, but makes you smell like a salad (until you wipe it off). After I rub it in like I'm massaging butter on a Thanksgiving turkey (cue the Thanksgiving reference), I get the water as hot as possible, soak my washcloth in it, and wipe the oil off. I continue until it is all off and the make up is all gone. When you get out of the shower and dry your face off, you will be amazed at the difference. You will look like a supermodel, guaranteed or your money back.
There is a whole science behind why it works, but I can barely form thoughts and words, so higher level thinking is just not happening a this juncture. You can Google it, or just click the link in the last sentence. Also, there are all sorts of combinations of different oils to use for different skin types, but I like to keep it simple. You can do whatever you like because I am not the boss of you. If I were, I would tell you to get off this computer/phone and go wash your face so I don't sound like a loon.
Have a lovely post-Thanksgiving, football watching, Tums devouring evening y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read each and every one! Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Y'all come back now, ya' hear :)